Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Bath Remodel 2014

Leon wrote:

How cold do you let it get inside??

Woke up one morning and the fuel oil had run out. It was 52F in the house.
The wood stove had been banked down for the night and it had plenty of coals
to get a new fire going, but it wasn't prepared to cope with those
temperatures all by itself at the night time setting. We keep our boiler
thermostats set on 62F and let the wood stove take care of the rest of the
heat. Generally speaking it does a pretty good job at that. Our house can
stay in the mid 70's that way. If we crank the stove we can get it to
almost 80F. But - at night it gets banked down and we usually expect to get
up to a house that is no colder than mid to upper 60's. In this cold snap
it's important to regulate heat where you want it and where you don't by
closing doors to upper rooms, and/or opening doors to lower rooms. Leave a
first floor bathroom door closed in these temps and I can assure you it will
get cold enough to make you wish you hadn't.

--

-Mike-