Posted to alt.home.repair

Default #14 Romex To Light From #12/20-amp?

On 1/26/14 10:06 AM, Harry K wrote:

NEC code does not even address anything about WHO wires it. Ever hear
about getting wiring inspected when selling a house? Violations
don't pass no matter who screwed it up.

Harry K

The state of Nebraska does though. A homeowner can wire his own
stuff. I don't think I could even wire a neighbor's house for free
since I don't have a residential license. One can't wire for profit
without an appropriate license at least in theory.
Inspections aren't required in many areas unless one is replacing
the service.
There is reciprocity among several states surrounding Nebraska for
licensing.