Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sometimes we're just a genius...

On 1/26/2014 2:15 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/25/2014 8:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
...and sometimes we're not.

I was noodling around on the net tonight looking for ideas or
replacement edge protectors for my chisels, because more than one
of mine have disappeared. I found all kinds of ideas that had
varying degrees of interest for me and then I stumbled onto this
piece of absolute genius. This one fellow suggested cutting strips
of above ground swimming pool liner to the needed width for the
chisel in question. Absolute brilliance, I realized. Clearly
genius! Then I saw who posted this - years and years ago.... me...

My neighbor does not think it is such a brilliant idea. My chisels
are well protected, but his pool leaks.

One might come to the conclusion that if the swimming pool liner
strips worked out well that you would still be using those and not
looking for that solution. :-)

Or... one might read what I wrote and understand that the brilliance of that
idea was simply lost on me over time. They do work. Just don't understand
for the life of me, why I didn't remember that.

But did not those pool style protectors get lost too? Hence you forgot
about them?