Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default How to wash out/remove dried out soluble coolant

In article , Lloyd
E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

What's the best cleaner for baked-on crap on a toaster oven aluminum
pan? The perimeter of...er, someone's, is just black with it.

Oven cleaner contains lye and is contraindicated.

The first thing I'd do with it is simply boil it for a time. It's amazing
what hot water can jar loose, given time.

Many commercial dishwashing detergents are rated for "boiling out" a
deep fryer. Given the wide use of aluminum in food service equipment,
I bet there are detergents suited for use in boiling out an aluminum
utensil.

Here's one:
http://www.discoinc.com/index.php?displaycat=yes&subcat=yes&subcatid=90

The key is "metal safe".