Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Need help / tips for using blowtorch

On 01/25/2014 11:23 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 1/25/2014 2:09 PM, Michael Black wrote:
I've heard that hair spray makes a decent defensive weapon too.
Nice flame thrower if you have a cigarette lighter, unless that's
just a movie thing.

The concept makes sense. A flammable spray, so it moves away from
the can and can be lit on fire.

I know someone talked about it back in high school, but I can't
remember if he merely saw it in a movie, or had tried it himself.

Some years ago, a teenager in Aus had seen that on a movie, perhaps
James Bond movie. He found an Au size critter in the closet of his
house, and decided to try the Bond technique.

I don't remember if the critter died in the process, but the house
got burned to the ground.

"Hey kids, don't try this at home" is frequently good advice.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx