Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cant remove ceiling fan canopy

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:44:01 AM UTC-5, scott wrote:
replying to Metspitzer , scott wrote:

Kilowatt wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:44:01 +0000, scott

If you are replacing a ceiling fan with a ceiling fan, I sure wouldn't

take it down with a crowbar. Ceiling fans are heavy and have to have

a very secure box.

What is wrong with reading the instructions?

A picture may help.

We bought this house a year ago, so the light was here, and we have no

idea which model number (or even the company!). All we know is there is a

remote inside, and it's not coming down. I have looked at other manuals

and even called Hunter Fans, and the woman replied, "What do you mean you

took out the screws and it won't come down, sir?" (Click).

I don't know what you mean about two screws near the base and hub..I need

an illustration. The lighting parts are off. Do I need to take off the fan

motor? I don't know what that has to do with the canopy not sliding down.

--

As others have suggested, I'd google for the install manual.
That may have pics that show how the parts come together. As