Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default #14 Romex To Light From #12/20-amp?

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:32:20 -0500, wrote:

NEC code does not even address anything about WHO wires it. Ever hear about getting wiring inspected when selling a house? Violations don't pass no matter who screwed it up.

Harry K

Not exactly true.

90.1(C)
(C) Intention. This Code is not intended as a design specification or
an instruction manual for untrained persons.
The NEC is intended for use by capable engineers and electrical
contractors in the design and/or installation of electrical equipment;
by inspection authorities exercising legal jurisdiction over
electrical installations; by property insurance inspectors; by
qualified industrial, commercial, and residential electricians; and by
instructors of electrical apprentices or students.

I'm not in that list so I guess I should stop reading all the quotatoins
from it and citations to it given here. That will save me some time.