Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sometimes we're just a genius...

On 1/25/2014 8:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 1/25/2014 8:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
...and sometimes we're not.

I was noodling around on the net tonight looking for ideas or
replacement edge protectors for my chisels, because more than one of
mine have disappeared. I found all kinds of ideas that had varying
degrees of interest for me and then I stumbled onto this piece of
absolute genius. This one fellow suggested cutting strips of above
ground swimming pool liner to the needed width for the chisel in
question. Absolute brilliance, I realized. Clearly genius! Then I
saw who posted this - years and years ago.... me...

`And sometimes we're not.
I have had a rough day.

I just cut the wrong side of something.
I f'd up a drawer front too today.
I couldn't figure out sketchup to do a dust bin for the saw.
Then I had a brain fart while calculating the angles, and sizes...

Glad that you're a genius... I was a half wit today.

No Jeff - I WAS a genius - all those years ago. I came up with that great
idea and then somehow forgot all about it. Today - not so much genius.

You are no less genius today that you were then! You just don't
remember why you quit using the pool parts as your chisel protectors.

I think most of the protective tips get lost because they come off
inside a drawer. I have seen a tip to glue a rare earth magnet to the
protector so that it does not come off with out some effort.