Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Sometimes we're just a genius...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/25/2014 8:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
...and sometimes we're not.

I was noodling around on the net tonight looking for ideas or replacement
edge protectors for my chisels, because more than one of mine have
disappeared. I found all kinds of ideas that had varying degrees of
interest for me and then I stumbled onto this piece of absolute genius.
This one fellow suggested cutting strips of above ground swimming pool liner
to the needed width for the chisel in question. Absolute brilliance, I
realized. Clearly genius! Then I saw who posted this - years and years
ago.... me...

My neighbor does not think it is such a brilliant idea. My chisels are
well protected, but his pool leaks.

One might come to the conclusion that if the swimming pool liner strips
worked out well that you would still be using those and not looking for
that solution. :-)