Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How To Read A Smashed Hard Drive

On Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:25:53 PM UTC-8, Terry Coombs wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message

Here is why you're a ****ing moron if you think smashing your hard

drive is a good answer to protecting your data from someone determined

enough to read it.

You're also a ****ing moron if you believe iggy is some kind a

computer expert.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...drive-14877558

"Yes, physically destroying a hard drive renders your device and the

data on it unusable. But with enough motivation and the right

equipment-and the F.B.I. has both-some of your data can be recovered.

Dan Kaminsky, chief scientist of security firm DKH, says 100 percent

physical data destruction is nearly impossible. The only method that

comes close is overwriting the disk.

===

with acetylene.

An aluminum foundry will fershure wipe that data ... Sweejesus Jon , if

the disc is physically destroyed the drive is unreadable .

--

Snag

Now Watch Jonny-boi

go all orgasmic

thinking that I

answered his post .

Kinidiot

Yet another worthless loser who claims I'm kill filed but some how finds a way to respond to what I post.

Truly amazing.