Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Any Schematics for Behringer EPA40 Portable PA?

"Doug White"

I'm guessing I will have to dig into the innards. Does anyone have any
experience with these gadgets, or better yet, a schematic?

** Behringer are extremely secretive about their schematics - they supply
them to "authorised" repairers only and warn them not to supply others.

Essentially it is an ill thought out tactic to prevent "unauthorised"
repairs doing any Behringer service either in or out of the warranty period.
As Behringer gear is chock full of SMD crap and PCB swapping is the name of
the game - most independent repair businesses are happy to go along.

Customers however are being mightily screwed - with no choice of repairer
and often only one place in a city or even a whole country available to do
the work.

Also, if Behringer ever decide or need to find a replacement - people with
experience on Behringer gear are simply non existent.

.... Phil