Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Stayin' Warm

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 1/7/2014 9:51 AM, Snag wrote:
Sure takes a lot of firewood when it's only 3* outside . But we
survived last night , even though the water supply is frozen . I sure
am glad I have an onboard fresh water tank and a pump ! This is
unusual cold for this area , hasn't been this cold since I think they
said 1996 . I hope it's at least another 18 years before it happens
again !

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with the cold weather but I
have tip for you when you write about it. To make the "°" degree symbol,
hold down the alt key then press 0 1 7 6 and you will see ° magically
appear on your screen. About the time you posted, the temp around here
hit 7°F which is very unusual for Alabamastan. ^_^

TDD

I can't find the alt key on my iPad. ;-)

However, I can tap the number mode key and slide my finger up the zero key
to magically get the ° to appear. There are lots of characters that don't
appear on the iPad's keyboard(s) but can be used by sliding up on certain
letters and numbers.