Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. OK All You Junk Science Worshipers

On 1/24/2014 9:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In article , The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Hey Global Warming goofballs, it's 12 frigging degrees here in
Alabamastan at 8:15am and I just heard on the news that there is a
propane shortage in the state because supplies are based on the
average expected need over the past decade of winters. Perhaps the
person responsible for determining the overall needed supplies of
propane for the state is a Global Warming Believer? The lowest
temperature here in Birmingham last year was 21°F. The average
Winter low temperature is 33°F here in Birmingham with a normal
Winter average of 35°F for the whole state. So OK you Global
Warming nut jobs, what is your explanation? Make it good, the more
deranged, the better. o_O

TDD

Look, I know you think Alabamastan is the entire world, but it
isn't. Even though the annual average global temperature has been
quite near a local maximum for several years, the result of that is
more unstable weather patterns, hence in this year's cold winter.

Why would you expect the temperature in any given location to be
strictly linearly increasing? Climate is a complex system, more
complicated than the stock market. Over the last hundred years the
stock market has trended upward, even though individual stock prices
have gone up and down a quite bit. The average world temperature has
exhibited similar behavior.

Cindy Hamilton

So many people are humor and irony impaired. I'm sure you never read
about the Russian scientist who discovered that the mean temperature of
Mars is rising at the same rate as that of the planet Earth. It's normal
for the climate of our Earth to be in chaos. Over the past 100 years or
so, we've been spoiled by a fairly stable climate. All those SUV's,
private jets and mansions on Mars belonging to those 1% Liberals elites
who's home planet IS Mars, is the cause of that planet's temperature
rise. Oh yea, I've lived in other countries like Californiastan and I
was in Los Angeles in 1989 when it snowed and I had trouble making my
way to San Francisco due to the snow that was blocking The Grape Vine. I
also lived in the mid Pacific in 1987-88 when a once in 100 year storm
hit the islands. When I came back to the states in 1988, I was going to
go stay in Eastern Mexico but changed my mind when hurricanes ripped it
to shreds. For some reason, in the later part of the last century, weird
weather seemed to follow me around. ^_^

TDD