Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. OK All You Junk Science Worshipers

On 1/24/2014 9:49 AM, willshak wrote:
It's been below freezing here everyday for the past week. Currently it
is 8° F (13 C).
Wait til the 'snowbirds' come back from Florida and find the pipes in
their houses have burst. Leaving the thermostat set at 50° won't help
with pipes in outside walls. That insulation works both ways.

Does wind chill affect how fast the pipes freeze?
I mean, wind chill like today sure feels colder.
I had a service call, and took a long time for the
truck to heat up. I stopped to fuel up, and it was
some kind of serious cold. When I finish eating
this bowl of microwave popcorn, I'm going to cut
and staple up some more cardboard on the walls.
Aluminum edge of the back door going to get covered.

--
..
Christopher A. Young