Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] is offline

Default I wonder how much metal needs work to fix this mess?

Den 24-01-2014 21:30, Jon Elson skrev:
Tim Wescott wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 22:15:33 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...-the-victoria-

line-is-currently

Mostly sharpening the jackhammer bits.

_I_ wonder how in hell they got a "flood" of concrete in there!

They were apparently pouring concrete nearby, and a form pushed out
and the concrete flowed where it wasn't supposed to. Somebody spent
a LOT of time installing all that neatly routed wiring, it is going
to be SOME MESS to get that cleared away and working again. I'd
imagine even taking it as an emergency project, it might take weeks
to get the station running again, and then months to get the
signals wiring put back the way it is supposed to be. And, since
it looks like signals and controls wiring, there's a public safety
aspect to fixing it so it can be trusted to not cause a train wreck,
it the completely literal sense.

I for one would never have thought this was possible but they reopened
already:

Uffe