Jay Pique

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:20:32 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Fri, Jul 23, 2004, 12:10pm
(Jay*Pique) claims:
Ostensibly, a cabinetmaker.

"Ostensibly" - Interesting word choice.

Accurate, though. I'm a paid employee of a cabinetmaker, and I do
pretty much everything involved in the construction of cabinetry. Am
I a "master"? Not yet. Will I be? That's certainly my goal.

Right now I'm just trying to soak up as much as I can from my current
employer - a lot of which includes learning what *not* to do, IMO.
It's frustrating at times, but I feel like I'm headed in the right
direction. Between books and the internet I think I'm learning fairly
quickly.

I'm also paying my way to the IWF in Atlanta next month, and while
there I hope to meet with a number of larger shop owners. Ideally I'd
find myself a new job, but I think it will be worthwhile no matter the
outcome. I can't wait to check out all of the production shop
equipment. My dream is to run an extremely well tooled and
efficiently run 2 man shop - just me and an apprentice. To start I'll
focus exclusively on built in cabinetry, and take great pains to
streamline the process as much as I can. We'll see.

JP
Any other wreckers going to ATL?