Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cant remove ceiling fan canopy

*Can you post a few photos?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I hired someone, and he couldn't
get it down either. He thinks caulk got in and made everything stick. (The
last owners caulked the canopy to the ceiling, it got on the screws too
which I finally got out.) He's bringing a crowbar on Monday.

*I have run into that situation with smoke detectors that have been caulked
around the edges. Usually my razor knife is able to cut through the caulk
enough to get the old smoke detector off.