Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Shelf carriers (metal, plastic or wooden?)

On 1/24/14, 10:20 AM, willshak wrote:
Sonnich Jensen wrote:
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:01:45 PM UTC+2, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:09:12 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

Drilling eleven-zillion holes isn't.
Sure it is. Easier than routing a slot. Use a shelf pin drilling jig
and you're done before you've set up the router.

Plus which, holes are not needed in every possible location. Just
enough
to allow a shelf to move a few inches up and down from its "normal"
position. Five or 6 hole on 2" spacing for shelves spaced at 12"
intervals should b enough.

I was thinking of this. 2" _is_ 5cm, and I was thinking letting the
upper and lower 20 cm be free, which gives me 50cm to drill = 11
series of holes (44 holes)
Then again I agree that once in place I will probably never really
move the shelves...

I am not a master carpenter but I have built custom bathroom cabinets in
my home.
Now that the cabinet is built, how are you going to drill accurate holes
for shelf pegs inside the cabinet?
I'd really like to know for future reference.

Google "shelf pin jig" and take your pick or make your own. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--