Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Stupid idea for lathe attachment

On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:31:20 AM UTC-8, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message

When I had an art fabrication shop in NY me and my co-workers found

the 12in. disc sander to be one of the most useful tools. I

suppose it depends on what you're doing.

Hey

You wouldn't say "me found the 12in. disc ..." etc. Ergo, don't say

"me and my co-workers found..." etc.

It is "I found", or, "I and my co-workers found", or, "My co-workers

and I found".

You've been watching too much television with bad scripting.

Ivan Vegvary

I found that speaking another language a lot put me in the mindset of

their grammatical patterns in English, so I sounded like Pennsylvania

Dutch. I still sometimes transpose the first two digits of a number

like German, as in "four and twenty blackbirds".

Or maybe he is writing standard Brooklynese.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-brooklyn...-11440122.html

jsw

Well, English is my third language. I have found that many foreign speakers of English are much more aware of correct grammar than natives. They think more analytically when forming sentences in their non-native tongue. Look at all the young spelling bee winners. They are almost always foreign born.

Ivan Vegvary