Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:
Are you 100% sure that your boundary is the edge of the road?

Not 100%, no, but I don't know how you'd determine that with complete
accuracy and reliability.

Deeds. Not the location map, which is just indicates whereabouts
the plot is, but the *written* section and any boundaries/meering
map - which most deeds don't have.

Do "deeds" have any significance nowadays? I have the Land Registry map
which shows the location of the property with a red border but that's
not particularly precise.

I also have a title document dated 1811 (hand-written on parchment, wax
seals, etc, with a Land Registry tag) which says "bounded [...] by the
highway or road". But I have no idea whether "highway or road" would
include any verge.

I'm not sure how relevant all this is now, but I'm interested. Not
interested enough to pay a solicitor, though. :-)

--
Mike Barnes