Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

On Friday, January 24, 2014 1:54:02 PM UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Huge

writes

Hmm, I would have thought that there would be more than enough buried pole

to resist any small lateral loads imposed by a ladder.

There are 11 phone poles down my drive supporting phone cables (not

power). None of the are stayed, except where the line goes round a corner

(and not always then.)

I once *hedge trimmed* a stay on an 11kV corner post! Very surprising
how much the poles bent and how quickly a repair team were on site.

presume the cables were a bit heavier than phone wire?

Jim K