Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

In article , tony sayer
writes
In article , Mike Barnes
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
Are the cables coming from the one direction opposite the stay and then
carrying on in the stay side direction ?.

Do the cables off the pole go in all directions is it a distribution
pole?.

Cables go in four directions.

I've pondered this overnight and I think I have the answer.

My guess is that the stay is not there to resist the pull of the cables.
It's there to support the pole when a ladder is placed against it. You
lean the ladder against the side where the stay is.

If that's so, a new stay at 180 degrees to the old one might be a good
solution. But I'm now somewhat more cautious, thinking that the safety
of a BT "engineer" might be at stake.

Humm... Do you think that stay could move in the night perhaps;?.....

I'm sure a new anchor point could go in anytime (carefully located so
that there would be little or no change in the stay length), reducing
the duration of any night-time activities.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .