Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home insulation failure

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:27:08 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I thought my bedroom felt a bit colder than

the rest of the house. I figured it's cause

it's the farthest from the furnace, and only

has one heat register.

Second factor might be insulation failure.

I have frost in a couple places, on the

indoor wall.

Cardboard and staple gun might not be pretty

(I live alone) but I hope it helps with my

energy bill. And my comfort at night.

Amazing what I learn when it's this cold out.

And, thank you to the kind people on the AHR

list who encourage me to look for and act on

cold spots.

You made another post about your humidifier putting a lot of
water into the air and wondering where it was all going. It
may be that the water has made it's way into the insualtion.
Wet insulation is probably 90%+ compromised in it's capability
to block heat transfer. If you don't have a proper vapor
barrier on the insulation, or it made it through somehow, that
could be part or all of your problem.