Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stupid idea for lathe attachment

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:44:56 -0800 (PST), robobass
wrote:

I figured the pantyhose were a neat solution to hang something like a

speaker from an existing nail in the wall.

Well, true on both counts. I make a lot of dust. That was the impetus to cover the speakers with pantyhose (black would probably look better), but then you also have a very practical way to hang the speaker. I'm an incorrigible recycler. All of the cabinets, tables, shelves, and stands in my shop were collected from refuse heaps, or neighbors planning to toss their stuff and me offering to save them time and trouble. In fact, a lot of the fixtures in my apartment are made from found objects. Over the years, I have picked up a lot of good wood, and some high end Hi-Fi gear which needed only minor repair. Call me a dung digger, but I bet my stereo is better than yours!

Yeah, black, and cut off the excess, wot? It looks mighty tacky.

--
Sound character provides the power with which a person may ride
the emergencies of life instead of being overwhelmed by them.