Charlie Self

Default Maple vs Beech for workbench -- does it matter?

AArDvarK asks:

Laminated, gorilla-glued maple top to poplar bottom, like you thought with
the
weight idea, great idea. And, what is the best glue for laminating?

Now getting that table top sawed properly....

A woodworking glue--NOT contact cement--with as long an open time as you can
get. You want to be able to finick your way around and make sure everything
lines up. I'd use Titebond Extend or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Good luck.

Charlie Self
"I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.'"
Garrison Keillor