Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

As discussed, they won't pay if the pole only serves your dwelling and
will argue strenuously that the placing is highway land.

One of the reasons for contemplating a DIY solution is to avoid opening
that particular can of worms.

Where a stretch of verge in my ownership was disputed, I was able to
seek help from the *Land Charges* dept. of my County Council for a fee
of £35.00.

FYI contact point... BT Wayleave Scanning Office, Post Point 110N,
Communications House, Harlescott Lane, Shrewsbury, SY1 3AQ

Thanks for the information - kept. I'll be getting a contractor in
shortly and he has bags of experience and might be able to contribute
something as well. This thread has helped prepare me - thanks to all.

You would be very foolish to interfere with the stay, or get anyone else
to, without BT's written agreement. They have much deeper pockets than
you do!

Mind you its often surprising what those olde Pikey boys can do when
there're after nicking a bit of copper phone wire isn't it;?...

--
Tony Sayer