Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonnich Jensen Sonnich Jensen is offline

Default Shelf carriers (metal, plastic or wooden?)

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:01:45 PM UTC+2, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:09:12 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

Drilling eleven-zillion holes isn't.

Sure it is. Easier than routing a slot. Use a shelf pin drilling jig

and you're done before you've set up the router.

Plus which, holes are not needed in every possible location. Just enough

to allow a shelf to move a few inches up and down from its "normal"

position. Five or 6 hole on 2" spacing for shelves spaced at 12"

intervals should b enough.

I was thinking of this. 2" _is_ 5cm, and I was thinking letting the upper and lower 20 cm be free, which gives me 50cm to drill = 11 series of holes (44 holes)
Then again I agree that once in place I will probably never really move the shelves...