Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

Artic wrote:
Mike Barnes scribbled...

Possibly DIY, possibly not. :-)

There's a BT telegraph pole adjacent to my house. It is supported by a
stay which is anchored on my land. The anchor is in the middle of an
area that I want to use for wheelie bins.

Photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzywbriq8zfsx6p/BT%20pole.jpg
Close-up: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjsnv6iouq...T%20anchor.jpg

I'd like the anchor moved back away from the road, as close as possible
to the wall, to make way for the wheelie bin park. The ground level
would be dropped a few inches as well.

The pole was replaced about 15 years ago. BT didn't ask us whether they
could put that stay there, they just went and did it. They could be
forgiven for assuming that that land was part of the public highway, but
it isn't. They aren't making any wayleave payments. We didn't take much
notice in the past because this was just a piece of waste land as far we
were concerned, but now we've got a sizeable collection of wheelie bins
it's suddenly become useful.

So, does anyone know what's underneath there? Is there any experience or
knowledge in the group concerning the procedure for getting such an
anchor moved?

Unless you've got the worlds largest bin collection, WTF don't you put
them between the pole and where the cable goes into the ground?

I was hoping to stay within the side boundary.

Four wheelie bins, by the way. Black, brown, blue, green.

--
Mike Barnes