Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Spec USB connectors

wrote:

The unit had a plug that looks kinda like a house (like a pentagon with the
top lopped off) and a white square thing in the center not quite sticking
out.

Am I right that it is a USB B female and I need a USB B male cable?

I want to conntect this with a centronix (ie that has the contacts like studs
on a toungue) on the unit

How are you going to connect the two? USB is high speed serial while
Centronics is parallel, with handshaking. You can buy a ready made
interface for a couple dollars:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231130780097

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.