Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default eWoodShop - Bath Remodel 2014

On 1/23/2014 9:05 PM, Swingman wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 1/23/2014 5:10 PM, Swingman wrote:
Bath remodel to assist client with medically necessary, handicapped
access to shower and facilities:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...t=directlin k

Time was of the essence ... 19 days from start to finish.

Nice job.

2 things, did you paint blue before putting tiles up in the bathroom or
is that something else?

Sealant, we call it "Red Gard", although it is sometimes blue.

The shower doors look wrong. Since the shower head is to the left, the
outter sliding door should be on the outside to prevent water from going
between the 2 panes, it looks like the opening is the inside door.

By design (although not an issue with a properly installed "frameless"
shower door). Keep in mind, as stated, the main use for this shower is for
the handicapped client who will be using the hand held shower head from the
seat opposite the wall mounted shower head. (the "color coordinated" holder
for the handheld unit next to the shower seat is on backorder, as well as
the handheld supply "elbow", thus not pictured.)

k that makes sense.

Is the red gard required by code?
I have to do a makeover on my master bath sometime.. been thinking about
how I am going to do it.

--
Jeff