Tim Douglass

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:52:38 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles" "Charles wrote in message
.. .

Cooking show (Good Eats -- Recommended) host Alton Brown puts it this
way:

"The only single tasker I permit in my kitchen is the fire
extinguisher." Instead of a garlic press, he uses a marble scrap he got
for free from a tile guy.

Oh bull! Everyone knows a fire extinguisher is not a single task device.
Hell - it can be used as an excellent rolling pin, and all of us know that
it can also be called upon to act as a hammer in a pinch, when you simply
must drive that 16D through the cutting board to hold it in place, but can't
run out to the garage for the claw hammer.

Curious fire extinguisher incident. Back in about 1978-79 my father
was working at a shipyard scrapping out old Liberty ships. The crane
operator tried too heavy a lift and started to tip, so he tripped the
load. The crane (large crawler) whipped back and forth a few times
then hopped off the 12x12 wood (OWWR) tracks it sat on and dropped to
the concrete pier. The fire extinguisher (metal cased dry chemical
type) dropped out of the cab as it was swaying and fell just ahead of
the crane, which then landed on top of the fire extinguisher. He later
showed me where the fire extinguisher was driven into the concrete of
the pier *without bursting* by the weight of the crane. Impressed the
heck out of me both the weight of the crane and how much pressure the
extinguisher took.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com