Tim Douglass

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:16:16 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

Mark Jerde wrote:
Ooooh yeah - I've simply GOT to get one of those as well.

Yeah, but are you actually going to _make_ anything ?

Maybe not, but it's nice to know I *could*! g

That's been my theory all along. Who the hell can afford wood after buying all
this stuff?

That's always my problem. Don't have jointer or planer at this time,
so I try to work with s4s, which means I can't afford to make anything
bigger than a breadbox. If I could afford the planer and jointer I
could buy cheaper rough lumber, but after buying the tools I wouldn't
have the dough to buy even rough-sawn. I could always go neander and
buy rough and surface it with a hand plane, but with the amount of
shop time I usually get that would mean I can only finish one project
a decade instead of my current one every 5 years....

Life is hard.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com