Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:57:27 +0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

The pole was replaced about 15 years ago. BT didn't ask us whether they
could put that stay there, they just went and did it. They could be
forgiven for assuming that that land was part of the public highway, but
it isn't.

Are you 100% sure that your boundary is the edge of the road? Looking
at the GV I'd assume that the boundary is the face of the wall/gate
pillar, that appears to align with the hedge row, leaving a verge
along the road.

Not 100%, no, but I don't know how you'd determine that with complete
accuracy and reliability. FWIW the cobbles you see at bottom left are
continuous all the way across the front of the property, and well behind
the wall - but they're not ancient.

One of the reasons for contemplating a DIY solution is to avoid opening
that particular can of worms.

--
Mike Barnes