Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Daniel Pitts[_2_] Daniel Pitts[_2_] is offline

Default Some of my design work in action...

On 1/23/14 9:23 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:04:04 -0800, Daniel Pitts
What kind of power does that thing draw?

I don't know the exact numbers, but it is in the multi-KW range. But
it's "efficient" with switchers regulated to supply just the exact
amount of forward drop required by each LED grouping.

...Jim Thompson

Do you also have a constant current in the design, or do you just supply
"exactly the right voltage"?

I was actually thinking about this, is there such a thing as a switching
constant-current source, rather than a switching voltage source?
Wouldn't that be pretty efficient?