Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:33:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

AIUI Bt don't need wayleaves nor do they pay for poles etc.

They certainly do - provided it supplies other premises.

It does supply other premises.

If the pole's also electricity, then the electric wayleave covers it.

It isn't also electricity. The electricity pole can also be seen in the
photo. Its predecessor had a stay in our garden, but the current one
doesn't. We get still wayleave payments, though. :-)

I'm puzzled by the logic of having just one stay on the telegraph pole.
The pull from the phone cables is pretty symmetrical and it seems odd to
restrain the pole in only one direction.

--
Mike Barnes