Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stupid idea for lathe attachment

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:51:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:

I have not doee this, but if I were to do so I would machine the adapter where it contacts the rear of the spindle with a taper. Not a taper that will hold by itself, but one to center the adapter. And I would hawe a threaded section at the other end of the adapter. And use a nut to put a little tension on the adapter. That way you are not depending on the lathe chuck to hold the adapter.
Probably not needed, but it is what I would do.

Dan