George

Default Maple vs Beech for workbench -- does it matter?

Not a big leap from a properly described "European-style steamed beech" to a
middleman or retailer's "European steamed beech."

My big kid says that the prices in Germany are much higher than
Poland/Russia for hardwood.

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
George responds:

Well, it's advertisespeak which concerns me. If they really can import
Europe's premier hardwood to Colorado for the same price as domestic

maple
from Michigan, great. My concern is that they haven't.

You could be right. It strikes me that most of the Europeans on the wreck
complain about the price of wood being so much higher than it is here,

while
also griping about most of the tools and their prices. What I've seen in

their
magazines tends to support the concept that wood in Europe is pricey,

compared
to here.

Charlie Self
"I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.'

"
Garrison Keillor