patriarch

Default Maple vs Beech for workbench -- does it matter?

"George" george@least wrote in :

Well, it's advertisespeak which concerns me. If they really can
import Europe's premier hardwood to Colorado for the same price as
domestic maple from Michigan, great. My concern is that they haven't.

The price he quotes for both is roughly what I pay for FAS soft maple in
the SF Bay area. Hard maple comes from the other coast, and so is much
more money. Colorado IS a rail center, but that doesn't explain EuroBeech.

You're thinking this is a 'mahogany' thing?

Patriarch