JGS

Default *Putting* water in your DC collection bin?

Hi Dave,
You are right about ending up with sawdust cake. I tried it in a plastic
receiver as an attempt to knock down the small dust particles as they
impinged on the surface. It works but the rapid passage of high volumes
of air caused the water to evaporate very quickly. Very moist air going
through the blower et al is not going to do it much good either. Cheers,
JG

Dave Hinz wrote:

On 22 Jul 2004 17:09:17 -0700, Joe Emenaker wrote:

But what if I had a cyclone which emptied into a bin with a little
water in it? The water would catch all/most of those sparks.

...until the sawdust and woodchips wicked it all up.

So, I figured I'd ask: Does anybody out there *do* this?
Alternatively, has this been discussed before?

I used to have an old Allis Chalmers tractor that had a glass jar
as part of the air filtering mechanism, maybe was supposed to be
filled with (what?) to catch things going by, but I think the water
would rapidly turn into slightly moist sawdust and a hard cake.