--={Flyer}=--

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:10:48 GMT, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Jay Pique writes:
Why doesn't everyone just get a panel saw for cutting large sheet
goods? Seems like a much better option than even a sliding table saw.

Reason #2) No space.

Yeah. I thought so too, but my shop is narrow and long, and cutting sheet goods
horizontally was an exercise in contortionism. A few times I'd lay the panels
down out in the back yard and hack them up with Pennstate's saw guide, but I got
tired of shoveling snow out of a section of the outdoor 'annex', or cleaning mud
of of everything.
I saved up for a panel saw over a few years and don't ever regret buying it.
When it stands against the wall it only takes up about a foot of floor space.

Tom Flyer