Posted to rec.woodworking

Default unfinished red oak boards that beer was spilled on ruined?

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:45:01 AM UTC-8, Anonymous wrote:
Red oak boards being used as shelves. Was too wet and cold to sand, stain

and poly them so my husband put them up unfinished. Well he spilled his

beer on one. Will sanding be enough or will the spot rear its ugly head

when I get to stain and poly it in the spring?

--

Soak all boards in same beer. Let dry. Then stain and finish as you wish.