Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default $&*(*%!!!

wrote in message ...

About a year ago I was repairing my old Grundig "Transistor 305"
AM/FM portable radio. I used to ride around The Bronx when I was
a kid with this radio strapped to my bicycle. ... I kept at it and "we"
eventually found the flaky coupling cap that was causing the problem.
I hope that your experience is as positive as mine was.

I assume it was fairly easy to unsolder and replace parts. This little unit is
crammed with parts, making that difficult to do. The subminiature
electrolytics are increasingly hard to find. I'll wait until Spring arrives,
then give it another shot.