Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked

Tony Hwang writes:

wrote:
Yes, just found the exact same thing with an Insinkerator Badger 5
(1/2 HP) which I think came with this house built 7 years ago, so
it's had a good run of its own--like you there is a vertical crack
in the PVC housing between the unit and sink. I'm drying it all out
right now because the first thing that came to mind is what the last
guy below said "Sounds like a JB Weld moment". If that doesn't hold
long, it does look like it costs about $79.95 for a new one.

Hi,
It could be caused by improper installation(my wild guess) Why don't
you call their customer support and see what they say about it. Their
service is A+++.

Also check the warranty:

http://www.insinkerator.com/en-us/Do...h_warranty.pdf

The Insinkerator I have know comes with lifetime guarantee,
besides being really quiet.

--
Dan Espen