Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked

wrote:
Yes, just found the exact same thing with an Insinkerator Badger 5 (1/2 HP) which I think came with this house built 7 years ago, so it's had a good run of its own--like you there is a vertical crack in the PVC housing between the unit and sink. I'm drying it all out right now because the first thing that came to mind is what the last guy below said "Sounds like a JB Weld moment". If that doesn't hold long, it does look like it costs about $79.95 for a new one.

Hi,
It could be caused by improper installation(my wild guess) Why don't you
call their customer support and see what they say about it. Their
service is A+++.