Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked

wrote:
Yes, just found the exact same thing with an Insinkerator Badger 5 (1/2
HP) which I think came with this house built 7 years ago, so it's had a
good run of its own--like you there is a vertical crack in the PVC
housing between the unit and sink. I'm drying it all out right now
because the first thing that came to mind is what the last guy below said
"Sounds like a JB Weld moment". If that doesn't hold long, it does look
like it costs about $79.95 for a new one.

I can't see the original post that you are responding to, but I have a
suggestion...

Instead of the Badger line from InSinkErator take a look at the Evolution
line. The Evolution series includes much more sound insulation is
considerably quieter than the Badger line. Sure, they may cost more, but I
think it's worth it.

My Evolution GD is so quiet that sometimes I forget it's on until I turn
the water off. When I installed one for my elderly parents, I included a
switch with a light so they can visually tell if the unit is on or not.