Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default unfinished red oak boards that beer was spilled on ruined?

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 00:16:56 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 00:47:40 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Anonymous wrote
in roups.com:

Red oak boards being used as shelves. Was too wet and cold to sand,
stain and poly them so my husband put them up unfinished. Well he
spilled his beer on one. Will sanding be enough or will the spot
rear its ugly head when I get to stain and poly it in the spring?

Wipe *all* of the boards down with beer. Then it won't really matter
-- everything will look the same in the end.

That's the best idea yet, but you probably just gave Mike a heart
attack by suggesting someone use beer in that manor!

Not Mike. You meant to say -Mike-. There is a difference...

You're right. I'll try not to make that mistake again.