Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:56:35 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:08:18 -0600, CRNG
wrote:

Sure. I've used Lowes. They contract it out (to the local gas
company, the last time I used them).

What did you have repaired that Lowes contracted out to the local gas
company?

Because the service contract was bought from Lowes? Because that's
who the tenants (future owners) called? Because the Lowes phone number
was handy?

Once again, your lack of reading comprehension is showing. Go back and read
the question that I asked. Note that the question starts with the word
"what", not "why".

I'll type this slowly because I know you can't read very fast...

When someone asks a question that begins with "what", an answer that starts
with "because" is not relevant. "Because" answers a question that starts
with "why".

A relevant answer to a question that starts with "_What_ did you have
repaired..." would be something like "a water heater", "a generator", "a
gas dryer". The answer would not start with the word "because" unless the
person answering the question suffered from a reading comprehension
disability. For that you have my sympathies.

Maybe you should define "local gas company" first. We could be thinking of
two different things.

Are you really so dumb that you can't read three words? That's pretty
poor, even for a lefty.

Once again, I'll be patient and try to help you out since you can't seem to
do this on your own.

When I DAGS for gas companies in my area, I get hits for at least 6
different "local gas companies" including the utility company that supplies
natural gas and electricity to the homes and businesses in our area. If I
said that I was going to call "the local gas company", that is the company
that most people would think of.

I'm not going too fast for you, am I? I can wait while you read that again
if you'd like.

OK, still with me? Good, I'll continue...

If I had a service contract through Lowe's, I can be pretty sure that the
"local gas company" that supplies natural gas and electricity to the homes
and businesses in my area is not going to be the "local gas company" that
shows up for the service call. They simply don't repair the types of things
that Lowe's sells service contracts for. Of course, I am speaking only for
my "local" area. Things may be different in the "local" area of the
gentleman who said that Lowe's has a contract with the "local gas company".

Therefore, I am still interested in the poster's definition of "local gas
company" as it applies to the service contract he had with Lowe's.

Were you able to follow any of that or should I repeat it?

from the free online dictionary http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

Who helped you find that site?