Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default unfinished red oak boards that beer was spilled on ruined?

"Anonymous"
wrote
in message
roups.com
Red oak boards being used as shelves. Was too wet and
cold to sand, stain and poly them so my husband put them
up unfinished. Well he spilled his beer on one. Will
sanding be enough or will the spot rear its ugly head
when I get to stain and poly it in the spring?

So what - if anything - is the visible result of the beer being spilled?
Beer being almost all water I doubt there is much of anything; possibly, a
water stain? If that is all, sanding should ne sufficient. Note: do NOT
use oxalic acid (or any other bleach).

Why do you want to stain the wood prior to varnishing?

--

dadiOH