Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Newbie table top question

On 1/17/2014 10:41 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:02:20 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I am undertaking a project on the honey do list. I have some
minimal finish carpentry experience and basic wood working tools,
and access to more if needed. I am going to be building a table
roughly 4' tall with a 3'x5' top.
My original plan was to use some scrap barn wood for the top,
but I have a new idea and need help executing it.
I would like to use a different wood in the middle and use the barn wood
as a border on the top. But I'm having trouble finding the right wood
that would blend well with barn wood. Any suggestions?!

What is the function of the table ?
What type of base/leg construction ?
John T.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

The easiest way would be to make a frame out of the barn wood, and then
inlay a piece of half inch plywood in a rabbet in the barn wood frame.

But like previously said exactly how would depend on the construction