Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default More Americans Worse Off Financially Than a Year Ago

On 1/17/14 1:11 AM, SteveF wrote:

I wish they would use the CPI of say, 1970. I wonder what the past 30
years would look like. Whatever calculation they use, I still do not
believe it represents the modern buying power(or lack thereof) of the
U.S. dollar. Though, not knowing what comprises the CPI might change
my mind, but being able to fully fund a trip to a movie, for four
people, for under $20 contrasted with that being the price for just
myself, today, makes me scratch my head. Hell, back then I was able to
purchase more per person. Now, I get a ticket, a small tub of popcorn,
a med drink, a package of Red Vines, and some Milk Duds. I used to
get tickets, a large popcorn, a large drink, Red Vines, Milk Duds, Hot
Tamales and about the same for three other people. The before prices
were Cali, the current is Arky. I have no idea what Cali is like, now.

A trip to the grocery store and the pump...

A bit here from the U.S. Department of Agricultu
http://tinyurl.com/mpzq8tc
Americans spend about 10% of our income on food if memory serves.
Inflation adjusted gas prices from inflationdata.com
http://tinyurl.com/emy76